well it's been a little crazy here lately, J working late all the time, harrassing oldest son to start revising for his AS levels (difficult for an home educator!) and general fetching and carrying of children so I'm hoping that I have replied to all your lovely comments but if I haven't I'm sorry and if I have replied twice (entirely possible) I'm equally sorry!
So... in amongst the busyness I decided it was time to replace the purse I lost weeks ago with one of my own! My very first attempt with a sew in (or any other kind) purse frame.
this is one of the purse frames I ordered an absolute age ago here. I had to make up my own pattern by looking at various tutorials online, in particular this one although it's for a glue in frame (she doesn't seem to sell sew in ones) and I didn't do the box base.
I am inordinately happy with my japanese style tree in blossom
so happy you get to see it twice ;o)
I backed the purse with my favourite red wild thyme fabric and just put a few embroidery stitches here and there. I also interfaced the fabrics to make it a little sturdier
I thought the stitches would be well hidden under the frame so happily stitched red stitches onto my pale pink lining! I think they probably should be hidden so a bit more practice with the fiddly bit I think. You can tell it's for me by the tied off ends showing!!
and the final purse, which is utterly useful. So a pin cushion and a purse, I think it's probably time to start making things for other people now... perhaps... although I would quite like a little card holder for my moo cards. I'm hoping to post the giveaway to celebrate my 100th folksy sale tomorrow... hoping...