Tuesday, 15 February 2011

thoughts on purse frames

I have been umming and aahing (is that how you spell them?) about purse frames.  I love the idea but they are quite expensive to buy.  Not least because the type you sew in only seem to be available from Japan

I am scared of fabric gluefor several reasons
a) I'm not sure how long it would stick together in something as well used as a purse
b) I have a tendency to get in a mess with glue,paint,ink...
c) I like the idea of hand sewing them


they are just so pretty and make me feel all nostalgic, this one would allow for a wrist strap
these are from 3Dpatternpaper on Etsy and I love them dearly.  I think I may have made up my mind but I would like to hear from any of you out there who have had a go at this type of purse.

2 comments:

  1. I've never used them, but I know an online shop that sells the sew in version and at $8 for 5, plus very reasonable postage, they might be worth a go. I ordered internal flex frames and they came very quickly.

    http://www.ahkwokbuckles.com/pufrot.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. that link is perfect thankyou x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all your lovely comments. I reply to comments here on the blog as emailing can sometimes take a little too long. Thank you for taking the time to comment.